INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL SCIENTIFIC CONGRESS
The first time the Association of Medical Students from Macedonia has had the honor of organizing the International Medical Scientific Congress for medical students and young doctors was in the distant 1977. Since then the Macedonian Medical Student Association – MMSA continues this tradition each year that made this congress the oldest and the most famous in the region. The organizing committee is providing various and interesting program, scientific, as well as social. The Congress which will traditionally take place in the city of Ohrid, will be an exceptional opportunity for students to present their research in various fields of medicine, enhance professional and social relations, contribute ideas among medical colleagues, and most importantly feast on the delicious Ohrid trout that is endemic to the nearby lake.
The program consists of the following formats:
– Academic lectures held by professors from the medical faculty in Skopje, as well as internationally renowned speakers and professors of different medical and health topics.
– Commercial exhibition – watch and learn about new products, services and procedures designed to assist medical and health care professionals, held by educators from leading companies and private clinics.
– Workshops and sessions on a range of practical topics in medical and health care professions.
– Oral presentation – selected from submitted abstracts
– Posters presentations – selected from submitted abstracts
– Awards – the congress juries awards the best oral and the best poster presentation at the closing ceremony.
The program will include the following formats:
– oral presentations;
– poster presentations;
– Post-congress tour;
Every student involved in medical or biomedical studies and every young medical doctor can attend the congress. You can participate as active participant (you will attend the presentations, lectures and workshops and have the opportunity to present your research and perhaps win a prize) or as passive participant (you will attend the plenary sessions, lectures and workshops).
We will publish your abstract in the Abstract Book.
The congress is international and therefore the official language will be English. All lectures, workshops and sessions will be in English. There will be no simultaneous interpretation.
Certificate of attendance will be issued to all active and passive participants who fulfill the criteria determined by the OC. The criteria will be announced at the Opening Ceremony of the congress.